Friday, April 6, 2007

Greetings

After ranting on the atonement let me introduce myself..... I am a mother a nurse and a pastor. After many years in the charismatic/evangelical tradition I made the break. My reasons for leaving are many including but not limited to: the religious right, peace and social justice.
I am a member of The Lindisfarne Community a new monastic community based in Ithaca New York, we are a community in the "broadly Anglican Celtic tradition" to quote our Bishop Abbot Andy. I was ordained a priest 2 years ago. My life consists of trying to balance work rest prayer and study.... I struggle to be the same all week as I am on sunday right now that just isn't happening. Or maybe it is, I've been grouchy to everyone all week.....So I'm human

Currently I am studying ethics through the Lindisfarne School of Theology. I live in California so we have class via IM and iChat.

I'm reading "The Last Week" by John Dominic Crossan and Marcus Borg.

I am listening to protest music on my ipod

No comments: