Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fini

What do I do about church? Where do I go? I get together, about 9 times a year, with an Independent Catholic Community. I could start a home group that would meet once a month, I'm not ready to start today, or next week, or even next month.
I am very lucky, I live 20 miles away from another episcopal diocese. I would have to commute to church though. I already commute 10 hours a week. I could go to the catholic church, I sort of grew up in the catholic church, I could "pass" but my heart isn't there.

I forgot to include in the last post that the "canon to the ordinary" told the priest that I wrote "pissy emails" and according to the priest, "said something much worse than that but I won't tell you because it would hurt your feelings" I suspect that little of what I was told that the bishop or the cannon said is true, I suspect a comment might have been made. I have a hard time believing that adults in positions of authority are as immature as I have been led to believe these people are, but who really knows.

Thus ends my story...Thanks be to God.

1 comment:

8thday said...

I am sort of in the same place - trying to figure out what to do about church now that I have can't go back to my church. I am so torn because any decision I make also affects my children.

I have started making a check list of things to look for in a new church. If you have any ideas, please share.